Hpv and precancerous cells in pap test if i tested positive for one of the strains of HPV that is preventable by the vaccine and did the pap test and the doctor said I have precancerous cells, can this be something that can go away on its own? I was told

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: Based

Based on your results, your doctor will make recommendations.
Often times, a pap smear will reveal abnormal cells and a repeat test will be done in 6 months to see if the next result turns out normal. However, if you have confirmed precancerous cells, these will not go away on their own. More than likely, they may spread. Your doctor can perform minimally invasive procedures such as colposcopy to remove the cells and prevent spreading. Vitamin c is not typically a remedy for clearing pre-cancerous cells.

In brief: Based

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Arnon Rubin