I have some abdominal pain that won't go away. It hurts when i press and release on my left side. What is it? Radiates through my abdomen, nausea, cramping, fever, malaise, diarrhea.

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: Abdominal

Abdominal pain is a serious issue, and should be evaluated fairly quickly by your primary care provider, any urgent care, or emergency room. The pain you describe may be due to a bacterial or viral stomach infection, colitis(infection/inflammation of the colon), pancreatitis, or a blockage in your colon.
If you are a female, things such as ectopic pregnancy or pelvic inflammatory disease can be the issue. Pain when pressing down and releasing on the abdomen is called rebound tenderness and usually signifies inflammation in the abdominal cavity, which could be a result of any of the issues i mentioned above, plus many more. So as you see, this is a complicated issue that needs to be evaluated as soon as possible.

In brief: Abdominal

In brief: Sounds serious

Rebound tenderness is a serious sign! diverticulitis, even appendicitis and some pelvic problems can present this way.
Exam and ct scan may be ended to solve.

In brief: Sounds serious

Exam and ct scan may be ended to solve.
Dr. Steven Seres