Am i more likely have a cyst if I have had one in the past? When i was 16 i had a 10 CM cyst on my left ovary and i had a salpingo-oophorectomy on my left side. I am 19 now. My question is, am i more likely to get another cyst on my remaining ovary? My pe

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: Yes,

Yes, if you have had an ovarian cyst in the past, then you may be at risk for having another. Ovarian cysts may not produce symptoms, and you may not even know if you have one unless it is detected during a pelvic exam.
Since you are having an irregular menstrual cycle, it is prudent to see your doctor, especially if you suspect an ovarian cyst. Other signs can include bloating, abdominal or pelvic cramping, painful period, nausea/vomiting and difficulty urinating.

In brief: Yes,

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Adam Levy