Are there obvious scars after a breast reduction?

Yes. Breast reduction scars always encircle the areola. There is usually a vertical scar extending from the areola down to the breast fold. There may also be a horizontal scar in the fold that is usually hidden under the breast.
See link below. There are a variety of options for breast reduction and the scars will vary accordingly. Some methods leave vary small scars and have been called scarless breast reduction (a misnomer). See this link to review options: http://www. Bodysculptor. Com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-reduction/.
Yes. There are scars around the nipple, from the nipple to the crease, and sometimes in the crease. Over time these scars may fade to a point where they are almost imperceptible, but they will always be there.
Yes. The traditional wise pattern which leaves anchor scars will leave you with the most amount of scarring. The single vertical scar or lassus technique will have less scarring and a perkier breast.
Fade to white lines. Scarring is an inevitable side effect of any kind of surgery. Scars from breast reduction may appear red and lumpy for a few months and are permanent. However, they may fade into thin white lines after some time. The appearance of scars can depend on the placement of the incisions and the skill of your plastic surgeon. Read more here: www. Mwbreast. Com/avoiding-scarring-breast-reduction-surgery.
Yes. Lollipop or anchor-shaped. Can become almost unnoticeable or remain obvious in bright light.
Yes. The usual methods of breast reduction (wise pattern or medial pedicle) will leave scars on the breasts. However, these scars are not visible when the patient is wearing a bra or bikini.
Scar Management. Yes but there are ways to manage them: http://drnichter. Com/best-scar-management/