Does birth control affect fertility? I'm 19 and have been on birth control for about 2 1/2 years. I was just curious if it is going to hurt my chances of having kids in the future. Thank you!

Protect fertility. It's understandable you would worry about your fertility, but the best thing you can do to protect fertility is to use birth control and get tested and ask partner to be tested for stds. Then using condoms plus other form of birth control will help to preserve your fertility. Birth control doesn't cause infertility!
There. There are 2 types of birth control methods that can affect fertility. The hormone methods such as birth control pills, implantable or injectable hormones can cause a woman's regular menstral cycle to halt or be irregular (while taking). After the woman stops taking the hormones, some women's regular cycle does not immediately resume. However, once the menstral cycle resumes, the woman's ability to concieve should return. Other more invasive types of birth control, like the iud or intrauterine device, can cause trauma to the uterus during insertion, causing scar tissue to form. This can affect the integrity of the uteral lining, making conception more difficult. Also, the placement and presence of the iud may introduce infections such as pelvic inflammatory disease, which can cause trauma to the uterus and fallopian tubes. These occasions are rare, but do pose a risk to a woman's fertility.