Do I have herpes? I had oral and vaginal sex sunday then monday i noticed a red bump right on the edge of my lip. It was really sore (as most of my pimples have been since i went on birth control). I tried to pop it the other day and very little puss came

Dr. Eric O'Neill
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Possibly

If you are having unprotected sex, you may be at risk of developing herpes infection.
You need to check with your physician for an evaluation, and be careful out there!

In brief: Possibly

Dr. John Hakim
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: I

I would get checkeed for herpes.
It my be nothing. But the location of the bump on the edge of the lip is a common location for herpes infection. It could be just a zit, but you never can tell. Herpes usually is painful and becomes ulcerated.

In brief: I

I would get checkeed for herpes.
Dr. J. Blake Perkins
It's pretty unlikely that within 24 hours you will see herpes manifest on your lip. Generally, the initial infection is painful, with sore gums, mouth sores, and other manifestations. I would check with your physician, but it sounds like it was probably acne.
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham