How much juice should kids drink?

In brief: None
The advertizing media would have you believe they can make your child super with a box of juice in their lunch or a superviatmin blend to bypass that pesky vegatable phobia.
Garbage.The best nutrition from an orange comes from eating the real thing & the same goes for the rest. I liken juice intake to feeding them soda. The sugar content is similar and just as likely to add fluff to their tummy.

In brief: None
Dr. Bryan Levey
I can't agree enough. Anyone who tells you juice is healthy is probably trying to sell you juice.
Dr. Roy Benaroch
In brief: None
There's no real benefit to drinking juice (well, maybe it's a good idea for constipated kids.
) if you start with juice, your child will get used to sweetened drinks and will not drink water. Much better to stick with ordinary tap water and milk for children, and save the sweet stuff, including juice, only for special occasions, not every day.

In brief: None
Dr. Roy Benaroch
Dr. Roy Benaroch
2 comments
Dr. Johanna Fricke
If you feel you must give juice, limit it to 4-6 ounces/ 24 hours. Better to let him eat the orange or apple..
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Cindy Juster