What is this? I have a small red bump kind of on my vagina but really close to my leg. Im freaking out and need answers I have a small bump near my vagina and don't know what it is

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: A

A small red bump on your vagina can be as simple as an ingrown hair that has been infected or as serious as a genital herpe which is very contagious.
If you are having sex, it is prudent to get this checked out by your doctor to investigate what the bump is. Do not have sex until you know. A condom would not protect your partner from this bump, due to the location.

In brief: A

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Jane Van Dis