I fell down the stairs a few months ago and my back hurts more now, i don't have insurance, what should I do? As i fell my lower back hit each step, i seem to have a continuous pain between my right leg and lower back (more on the right side) are there se

Dr. Jonathan Kirschner
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: See a doctor

If its been that long and still painful you should get it checked out

In brief: See a doctor

Dr. Jonathan Kirschner
Dr. Jonathan Kirschner
Dr. Daniel Ivankovich
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Falling

Falling down the stairs can cause catastrophic trauma.
You're lucky to have walked away from this potentially serious event. People can sustain significant injuries to their head, neck, lower back, joints & bones. At the very least, there should be an evaluation by a physician (primary care of orthopedic surgeon) with x-rays of any areas that are painful. If you are concerned about not having insurance, don't put your well-being at risk. Emergency rooms are required to provide all of the services that you need. But if you don't have insurance and are concerned about getting stuck with a big bill, the government has set up clinics call fqhcs (federally qualified health clinics) that will provide you services at little or no charge, depending on your need. Depending on where you live, there are likely several of these fqhc locations within 15-30 minutes of your residence. Do yourself a favor and don't ignore pain, it could be telling you something important.

In brief: Falling

Dr. Daniel Ivankovich
Dr. Daniel Ivankovich