What are the statistics for women in the us that are killed by breast cancer? My great aunt had breast cancer and it made me think about the possibilities of my or any of my potential children getting breast cancer. It's frightening.

Requires details. A great resource to look at cancer statitics is the american cancer society website.
Studies . Studies have shown that about 12% of women born today will be diagnosed with breast cancer. While it is not known why some women get breast cancer and some do not, there are things you can do to reduce your risks. Do a breast exam regularly (atleast once a month) to screen for any lumps in your breats tissue. Early detection is highly recommended. If you are age 50 or older, make sure you get screened via mammogram regularly. If you have a family history of breast cancer, talk to your health care provider about recommendations to begin early detection.