Can I take Xanax (alprazolam) before getting local anesthesia? I'm getting an abortion tomorrow and im pretty scared of the surgery so I was wondering if Xanax (alprazolam) will affect their drugs they give me in any way?

Should be no problem. Most clinics will understand if you are nervous and will be happy for you to take a xanax (alprazolam) before surgery. If you are ever in doubt just call the clinic or office where you are going to have a procedure. Hope all goes well for you.
Talk . Talk to your health care provider prior to taking xanax (alprazolam). It is typically ok to take a light sedative before a procedure as long as it is prescribed by a health care provider. Also, you will need to arrange to a have responsible person to take you home since you will have narcotics on board.
Not advisable. It is not advisable to use any mood altering medications prior to surgery and anesthesia. Xanax (alprazolam) and other anti-anxiety or sedative medications will potentiate the effects of anesthesia drugs and will increase the risk associated with anesthesia. If you are experiencing anxiety over a scheduled surgery, the best approach is to schedule a preoperative visit with your anesthesia doctor.