I am 56 and am having a light menstrual cycle. I am on the third day and need only a pad to take care of my flow. I have been exceptionally tired. I have no other physical symptoms to describe. I have not been having menstrual cycles for at least two yea

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: Postmenopausal

Postmenopausal bleeding should always be assessed by a doctor. A doctor will perform a pap smear and pelvic examination and may do a blood test to check hormone levels.
The vaginal bleeding could be attributed to (but not limited to) a hormonal change, the presence of cervical polyps, vaginitis or endometrial cancer.

In brief: Postmenopausal

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Adam Levy