Did my daughter suffer before she died? My daughter had a severe allergic reaction to a drug administered for a seizure in the hospital the night after her surgery....She died of anaphylaxis we were told she suffocated to death...Would you have answers as

I. I am so sorry for your loss. I have seen many patients in my career who have had anaphylaxis and were brought by ambulance (these reactions were from medications taken at home, bee stings, or allergy shots) and I will tell you that the patients did not have pain. Anaphylaxis is so severe and so sudden that the patient very often immediately loses consciousness because their blood pressure drops. Because the blood pressure drops so suddenly, I do not think that she would have suffered or have pain based on my experience. Again, I am so sorry for the loss you have gone through.
Anaphylaxis. I am so sorry for your loss. This is a very fast reaction and usually the patient is unconscious as the blood pressure drops quickly during such a severe allergic reaction. I am confident she did not feel it or suffer. I hope this eases your suffering a bit.