Are the hormones in milk the same as the hormones in meat? Which are safer?

Dr. Alan Greene
In brief: Different
The main hormone used to produce milk is rbst; it can result in higher levels of insulin-like growth factor (igf) in the milk.
I'm more concerned about cocktails of hormones used to fatten cattle for beef including estradiol, progesterone, testosterone, melengesterol, trenbolone, and zeranol. Low-levels remain in the meat at purchase. Effects very controversial. Concern about cancer, infertility.

In brief: Different
Dr. Alan Greene
Dr. Alan Greene
2 comments
Dr. Paul Cohen
Aside from the "raising beef "issue; the cooking process breaks down the tissues further...
Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy
and if we consider many other chemicals we are exposed to that can cause endocrine disruption...
Dr. Cindy Juster