Is there a measurable benefit to feeding kids organic food?

Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine
I usually tell people to eat "god made" food and leave the "man made" stuff alone.
No need to get food from the organic section in the supermarket. Stick to the "ouside wall" where you find the fruit and vegetables. Avoid all the sugary junk, soft drinks and commercial fruit juice. If the food that we were intended to eat had not been here before we arrived, we could not have survived.

Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
2 comments
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
To answer the question more specifically, there is no measurable difference between "certified organic" and simply good, fresh, unprocessed food.
Dr. Michael Thompson
I agree with Dr. Belilovsky. Fruits and veggies are universally recommended. I don't know of any data showing a verifiable benefit to organic food. Please correct me if there is some reference I am unaware of...
Dr. Rick Kirschner
General Practice
Modern farming methods, heavily reliant on chemical fertilizers and pesticides, are producing food very different than the food our ancestors ate.
Plenty of evidence that modern farming methods are unsustainable, have a heavy carbon footprint, and use a lot of fuel. Research problem on diet: so many variables! but no doubt organic foods are good for your kids' (the planet's) future!

Dr. Rick Kirschner
Dr. Rick Kirschner
2 comments
Dr. Suzanne Gilberg-Lenz
id like to second dr middle ton's rec to visit www.ewg.org for more detailed info on what are the most contaminated foods and what to avoid, what to choose- it all gets very confusing and scary- eating should be a joyful experience! lets start our kids off with a healthy attitude toward food and eating!
Dr. Rick Kirschner
I agree with both of you!
In brief: Sometimes
It depends on the food.
There is a great benefit in feeding children certain organic fruits and vegetables because some are high in pesticide content. Go to www.Ewg.Org to find a list of the "dirty dozen" which are fruits and veggies with the highest pesticide content.

In brief: Sometimes
It depends on the food.
Dr. Pamela Middleton
Dr. Pamela Middleton
Dr. Mandakini Patel
In brief: Organic foods/kids
Some foods are better fed as organic.
Soem foods are just overpriced as oprtganic e.G mangoes. Who is going to climb up on mango trees to spray the fruits? Mango trees grow well without any fertilizers. Us eur common sense for what is safe if not organic. Dont let the industry scheme u.

In brief: Organic foods/kids
Some foods are better fed as organic.
Dr. Mandakini Patel
Dr. Mandakini Patel
Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: Don't Know Yet
Altho it "sounds" better, there is no research proving an organic diet is better. We will see.
..

In brief: Don't Know Yet
..
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: Measurable, no.
Doesn't mean there is none; just none anyone can quantify.

In brief: Measurable, no.
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Jonathan Jassey