What should I do for my severe flank pain? I have had recurrent uti's for years so they put me on bactrim for the rest of my life. Anyway I have a ureter that drains my kidney slow which has resulted in hydronephrosis. I have been having severe pain in my

Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: Consult urologist

Or get 2nd opinion by experienced reconstructive urolologist if u have already seen one.
Hydronephrosis & slow kidney drainage suggest obstruction at junction of kidney pelvis & ureter, or at lower end where ureter drains into bladder. Obstruction at either end can & should be corrected surgically because u have combination of symptomatic obstruction & infections which has/will cause kidney damage.

In brief: Consult urologist

Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: See

See a doctor if you are having severe flank pain.
With the presence of ureters and other medical history, it is prudent to keep your doctor aprised of your condition. If your urine is dark and foul smelling, you may not be drinking enough water. It is worth it to have your kidney function assessed. For any intolerable pain, your body is telling you something is not okay, so see your doctor.

In brief: See

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Jane Van Dis