I sometimes get hemorrhoids and im really scared to have anal sex because i can't stand having another breakout. They come and go and IV had at least one break out a year since my junior year in highschool im 24 now. I can't imagine why that would happen.

Dr. Richard Tholen
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Hemorrhoids

In a young person occur most commonly because of chronic constipation and lack of fiber in your diet.
Anal sex is another matter entirely, and can certainly provide another means of aggravating or causing recurrent hemorrhoids, especially in a gay male. Make sure your partner uses a condom, adequate lubrication, and be safe.

In brief: Hemorrhoids

Dr. Richard Tholen
Dr. Richard Tholen
Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: It

It sounds like you may have internal hemorrhoids, which are on the inside.
You can't see these, and they may be the cause of your bleeding when you don't have any visible hemorrhoids on the outside. There are treatments for these type of hemorrhoids, mainly in the form of a rectal suppository. On the other hand if you are having anal sex, and have had unprotected anal sex, then you are at a high risk of carrying the human papilloma virus (hpv). This type of infection can lead to anal/rectal cancer. Since you are having pretty frequent rectal bleeding this needs to be ruled out asap. I don't mean to scare you, but this is a possibly. You should schedule an appointment with your primary care provider right away.

In brief: It

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery