Should i get an x-ray? Around the first of june, i broke my 5th metatarsal when my foot turned under me. I have been out of the walking cast/boot for a little over a month. About a half hour ago, the same foot turned under me the same way. The pain is a d

In brief: Reinjured foot

I would recommend for you to go back to the doctor that treated your fracture and have an x-ray to be sure

In brief: Reinjured foot

Dr. Lissette Tirado
Dr. Lissette Tirado
Dr. Brian Chimenti
Sports Medicine

In brief: Simple

Simple answer: yes.
The 5th metatarsal is a bone that has a "watershed" area of poor blood supply in the proximal 1/3 of the shaft that commonly leads to healing problems. Obviously i dont know if this is where you originally injured the bone, but an xray would be the safest way to make sure that you did not damage the bone again.

In brief: Simple

Simple answer: yes.
Dr. Brian Chimenti
Dr. Brian Chimenti
Dr. Jack Hinkle