Low fever. Rash on back, shoulders and chest. Just started when she woke up today. 23mths.Old have gave Benadryl (diphenhydramine) and luke warm bath.

Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Viral infection

Likely a viral infection which can cause all of the symptoms noted.
See doctor if problem gets worse.

In brief: Viral infection

See doctor if problem gets worse.
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: A

A rash with raised red bumps is called a maculopapular rash and can be caused by many, many things such as: -food or drug allergy -viral infections such as fifths disease, roseola, ebv, CMV just to name a few -insect bites such as fleas or scabies -bacterial infection such as scarlet fever (caused by strep) -medication reaction or it can be seen in very rare things such as: -measles -toxic shock syndrome -kawasaki disease -meningitis -stevens-johnson syndrome -rocky mountain spotted fever disease the list goes on and on.
The best thing to do is to call your child's doctor. They may want to take a look to see what it may be. Odds are that if your child does not have a high fever or is not acting sick, then it's probably nothing serious. Legal disclaimer: I am providing this general and basic information as a public service and my response to this question does not constitute a doctor-patient relationship. For any additional information, advice, or specific concerns, please speak with your own physician. The information provided is current as of the date of the answer entry.

In brief: A

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Adam Levy