I missed 5 birthcontrol pills could I be pregnant? I'm on ortho tri-cyclin lo and I missed more than 5 pills could I be pregnant?

Yes.. Yes. You are at risk for getting pregnant. With each pill you miss, the efficacy of the pill decreases. If you miss 3 pills, it is always recommended to throw the rest of the pack away, use a back up birth control method (i.E condoms) and restart a new pack on the first day (or first sunday) of your period. You must use a back up method until then, and for atleast 7 days after restarting your pill. In the meantime, the pregnancy hormone can be detected in your urine 14 days after conception. Take a pregnancy test to ensure.