Am i having a miscarriage? I have have been seeing light red blood after i wipe and use the restroom. I stuck a qtip inside of my vagina and a little dark red blood was on the tip. Should i be concerned?

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: First,

First, it is crucial that you do not stick qtips in your birth canal while you are pregnant.
Bleeding or spotting (scant or heavy) can be an early sign of miscarriage. Research shows that 25% of women who experience bleeding during their pregnancy are at risk for having a miscarriage. Later signs of miscarriage include heavy bleeding, pelvic cramping and lower back ache. It is always recommended to see a doctor if you have a vaginal bleeding during pregnancy. It is better to be safe than sorry.

In brief: First,

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Jane Van Dis