What should I do if I have a yeast infection and it's really irritated? I have massive itching, clumps, and burning, and have already tried Monistat and I am still irritated.

Dr. Glynis Ablon
Dermatology

In brief: See your gynecologis

There are many different infections that can occur and you need to see your doctor and get a culture if the yeast creams aren't working.

In brief: See your gynecologis

Dr. Glynis Ablon
Dr. Glynis Ablon
Dr. Scott Musinski

In brief: The

The growing popularity of 3 day and one day treatments is accompanied by irritation from increased concentration of the medications.
I generally recommend Gyne-Lotrimin or monistat in the 7 day formulations as they are less concentrated and less likely to cause more irritation than the yeast itself. Another option for resistant yeast is boric acid capsules. You can make them yourself or get them from a compounding pharmacy. If it is this bad you should also have an examination just to be sure that it is really yeast.

In brief: The

Dr. Scott Musinski
Dr. Scott Musinski