Why can't i straighten my elbow, touch my hand to shoulder, nor turn left hand palms up after falling on my arm 4 weeks ago? 4 weeks ago i tried to break my fall by extending left arm and falling onto my palm while rollerblading. I weigh 220 and my arm to

Dr. Matthew Dipaola
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Elbow injury

If you haven't had had x rays to evaluate your elbow, you probably should.
It's possible that you had a fracture in your elbow. Many can be treated without surgery. But you won't know unless you get it evaluated. It sounds like you injured the elbow as the signs you are describing are classic for decreased range of motion in the elbow.

In brief: Elbow injury

Dr. Matthew Dipaola
Dr. Matthew Dipaola
Dr. Francis Dysarz
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: This

This problem should be much better after 4 weeks if it is really just a "sprain.
" i would definitely have those x-rays re-reviewed, possibly by another radiologist, and that should not cost you anything extra either. The problem sounds like it is in your elbow based on your description. You could have a radial head fracture, possibly. You should see an upper extremity specialist for this problem given the difficulty and duration and location of your problem. The elbow may need to be re-x-rayed. Sometimes repeat x-rays taken several weeks after an injury will show things (fractures) that the first set of x-rays did not.

In brief: This

Dr. Francis Dysarz
Dr. Francis Dysarz
Dr. Ward Dean