Could i be pregnant my boyfriend and i had sex 10 weeks ago and there was a pin size hole in the condom about an inch up from the tip. I am on birth control and have had three periods since then. I took a pregnancy test 8 weeks after and it was negative.

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: If

If you were pregnant, you would no longer have periods.
Women have a period if an unfertilized egg is passed through the uterus. If no egg implants into the uterus, then the uterine lining sheds, resulting in a period. Since you are having a period, then the uterine lining is shedding. It is wonderful that you are protecting yourself with a condom and the birth control pills. It is safe to say that your chances of being pregnant are very low.

In brief: If

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Paula Hillard

In brief: No

You are not pregnant if you've had your period, have a negative pregnancy test and have consistently taken the pills, but for the future you should know about emergency birth control that is available without a prescription so if the condom leaks, breaks or slips off, you have a backup plan.

In brief: No

Dr. Paula Hillard
Dr. Paula Hillard
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham