I was told from my ENT I have GERD and i feel lump in my throat and im taking Prilosec like pill how long will it take to go awa 16 years old not many health problems

Dr. Hamid Sajjadi
Ophthalmology

In brief: Long time

Gerd is a serious problems.
If unchecked it can cause esophageal ulceration or even cancer. So don't take it lightly. Elevate your head at 30 degrees at night. Take your ents advise on meds and diet. Herbal medications that have been definitely helpful with gerd include apple cider vinegar, aloe vera juice, dgl (deglycyrrhizinated licorice, cayenne and glutamine. See naturalnews.Com.

In brief: Long time

Gerd is a serious problems.
Dr. Hamid Sajjadi
Dr. Hamid Sajjadi
Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: Some

Some people feel better sooner than others, but most people with gerd (gastro-esophageal reflux disease) feel better after being on the medication for 6 to 8 weeks.
It takes time for the inflammation in the larynx causing the "lump in the throat" feeling to heal once you've gotten the acid under control with the medication. Legal disclaimer: I am providing this general and basic information as a public service and my response to this question does not constitute a doctor-patient relationship. For any additional information, advice, or specific concerns, please speak with your own physician. The information provided is current as of the date of the answer entry.

In brief: Some

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Shontae Buffington