Deep finger cut treatment? I cut my finger deeply yesterday while cutting hair with shears. I was advised by my educator to use super glue but all i own is wood glue and I have no time or money to go see a doctor... What are your recommendations?

Dr. Glynis Ablon
Dermatology

In brief: Crazy glue

It's great if the skin looks clean, dry and not red.
Always a concern about infection, so I would clean the area with peroxide and apply antibiotic ointment. If all fine next day with no redness or discharge, you can try the crazy glue. If the wound looks deep and bleeding should be seen by doctor.

In brief: Crazy glue

Dr. Glynis Ablon
Dr. Glynis Ablon
Dr. Francis Dysarz
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Ideally,

Ideally, a cut should be washed out and, if deep, sutured within 12 hrs of the injury.
Don't glue it if you're past that, because you could be sealing infection in. Super glue or dermabond do a terrible job of keeping finger wounds closed, anyway. The wound should be washed twice a day, have neosporin ointment applied to it, and bandaged at this point. If you have numbness out past the wound or the finger doesn't move properly, you need to see a hand surgeon for an evaluation, not a medical or er doctor, who will just send you to a hand specialist anyhow. It sounds like you work with your hands for a living, so you had better make the effort to take care of them as best as possible, and that includes this wound. Fd.

In brief: Ideally,

Dr. Francis Dysarz
Dr. Francis Dysarz
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine