Should i expect my treated HPV to lay dormant for the rest of my life? I had HPV in my 20s. No doctor has ever been concerned about my history. I have two children. My HPV was a non issue during both pregnancies and births. My husband never been diagno

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: HPV

Hpv may lie dormant for an extended period of time, and you may never experience an outbreak of 'abnormal' cells.
Nonetheless, you will always be a carrier of hpv. If your immune system weakens for any reason, this could cause your hpv count to rise. Observe a healthy lifestyle and get pap smears regularly.

In brief: HPV

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham

In brief: No

Your body has very likely cleared your hpv infection.
Over 90% of people are virus free in less than 3 years just by their own immune system action.

In brief: No

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Jonathan Jassey