I have a recurring yeast infection. It's clumpy and white, like cottage cheese. I have had it for about a year. I have gotten treated for it like 3 times but it comes back within days or weeks. There is no smell. I have gotten my HPV vaccines and when i d

Dr. Vicki Levine
Dermatology

In brief: How was it treated?

Did you treat this on your own with creams or did your gynecologist treated with pills?Have you been checked for diabetes? I would speak to your gynecologist.

In brief: How was it treated?

Dr. Vicki Levine
Dr. Vicki Levine
Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: If

If you are having recurring yeast infections then you need to make sure there are not any underlying conditions that are predisposing you to them. Certain conditions like diabetes, hiv/aids can be the cause.
Don't worry there are other more likely causes, which include: recent use of antibiotics frequent douching tight underware, usually non-cotton prolonged use of sweaty clothes(i.e. After a work out) pregnancy birth control pills hormonal imbalances now on the other hand, this may not even be a yeast infection. Your doctor can perform certain tests to determine if you have yeast or even a bacterial infection. At times an allergy can mask itself as a yeast infection, so make sure you are not using any new, soaps, lotions, or detergents. With the help of your doctor and a little more investigation you should be able to get to the bottom of this problem. Good luck!

In brief: If

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Adam Levy