My wife, 52, suffers from a variety of neurological disorders(endocrine hypothyroid and adrenal insufficiency). She has specialists (neurologist and endocrinologist). She is afraid that she will lose the ability to walk. Her legs are getting weaker. What

Pathology

In brief: Schmidt's?

Combined thyroid and adrenal insufficiency calls to mind schmidt's polyautoimmune endocrinopathy which can run with pernicious anemia.
Probably a neurologist would not miss B12 deficiency as a cause of leg weakness (it's an important and common one) but it's just a thought. I wish you both the best.

In brief: Schmidt's?

Dr. Tyrone Malloy

In brief: See below

Well, she is seeing the doctors that appropriately would treat her condition.
Sounds like she needs reassurance that her medical condition may not be causing those feelings and/or if the problem is becoming progressively worse then she needs a work up for that. She should ask either of her physicians to refer her to someone who could help her understand what is going on if they can't.

In brief: See below

Dr. Tyrone Malloy
Dr. Tyrone Malloy

In brief: First

First you need to know the cause of your leg weakness before being able to establish a prognosis.
I suggest that you have the neurologist communicate directly with the endocrinologist to determine if there are any associations between the two disciplines. That should guide future investigations so a cause can be determined. Good luck.

In brief: First

Dr. Donald McCarren
Dr. Donald McCarren
Dr. Shontae Buffington