2 year old with what seems like ear pain my 2 year old son is having pain in what seems like his ear (he grabs it) every time we feed him. Thinking that this was an ear infection we took him to the doctor. The doctor checked his ears for infection, and

Depends. Depends on the results of pediatricians exam. Sometimes if there is swelling in the eustachian canal there may be difficulty in equalizing pressure when swallowing. Could try a decongestant to see if there is improvement of symptoms.
Ear . Ear pain and perceived ear pain can be fairly common in kids. It could be from the ear itself such as an ear infection, ear fluid (very hard to see with a hand held otoscope), object stuck in the ear, impacted wax, ruptured ear drum or ear injury from pressure changes. It could also be from another area that just feels like the pain is in the ear such as temporal mandibular joint syndrome (tmj), sinus infection, tooth infection or sore throat. If the problem continues, your best bet may be to see a pediatric ear, nose, and throat doctor who can do a more careful examination with specialized equipment such as an ear microscope and possibly an endoscope. Call your child's doctor if he develops fever, severe headache, dizziness, swelling around the ear, weakness of the face muscles, or if he is not improving in 24-48 hours. Legal disclaimer: I am providing this general and basic information as a public service and my response to this question does not constitute a doctor-patient relationship. For any additional information, advice, or specific concerns, please speak with your own physician. The information provided is current as of the date of the answer entry.