What should I look for in a good preschool?

Dr. Marcus Degraw

In brief: Get recommendations

Get a bunch of recommendations from friends who have been through the same thing as you.
Talk to them about the curriculum and how they reacted to their children. Find out how they handled problems and how responsive they were to any issues they had. Then go in and experience it for yourself. Take a tour, look around, see if they would let you witness a class...

In brief: Get recommendations

Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Paul Cohen

In brief: References...

Choosing a preschool is very, very frustrating.
The institution is going go have a very important job; caring for your child and preparing them for kindergarten! my advice would be to ask parents of children who either have sent their kids there; or know people who do and speak to them directly. Another resource would be meeting with the principal and discussing your concerns with him/her.

In brief: References...

Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Shontae Buffington