Can i still be pregnant despite negative home pregnancy tests? What are other reasons for missing period for this long? Hi! I am about 15 days late on my period. I have some pregnancy symptoms such as dull pain in my back and lower abd, pimples, bloating,

In brief: Possible reasons

Reasons for missed/late periods: low body weight, obesity, marked weight ^ or v, over-exercise, endurance athletics, breast-feeding, ^ stress, illness, eating disorders (bulimia or anorexia), anovulatory cycle (no egg released), travel, hormone irregularities, drug use, meds (i.
e., birth control) or medical problems (polycystic ovary syndrome or asherman’s syndrome). #1 reason is pregnancy.

In brief: Possible reasons

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Amenorrhea

I will jump in here.
I am sure you are very well aware that the body is complex and pregnancy is not the only thing that stops pregnancy. Things like stress, fatigue, over-exercise, starvation. And then there is the month that you fail to ovulate due to some hormonal issues. The pregnancy tests are very accurate these days as long as you have waited an appropriate lengthy of time as you have.

In brief: Amenorrhea

I will jump in here.
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Amenorrhea occurs if a woman misses three or more periods in a row.
Dr. Curtis Wong
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Pregnant? home test-

If you are sexually active, you can always be pregnant, regardless if birth control is utilized.
You should either repeat your test or see your doctor about your missed period.

In brief: Pregnant? home test-

Dr. Curtis Wong
Dr. Curtis Wong
Dr. Scott Musinski

In brief: With

With two negative home tests the chance of pregnancy is low.
You can rule it out further with a blood test. In all likelihood you have not ovulated. Your body is waiting for a signal of the Progesterone from the follicle that released the egg during ovulation. If you haven't ovulated, the uterus just waits. We often use Progesterone like medications to trigger a period in these instances after pregnancy has been ruled out.

In brief: With

Dr. Scott Musinski
Dr. Scott Musinski
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham