Working night shift my legs are swollen in the mornning I am a diabetic but in good shape i take pills for my diabetes i sit sitting at desk all night the pills i take metphorming, glipezide, abacose the don't hurt swelling seems to go down if i go strait

Dr. David Liu
Internal Medicine & Pediatrics

In brief: Try compression

Compression stockings might help you with your leg swelling (edema).
Also watch your salt and fluid intake. When you can sit during your shift, elevate your legs. If you are also having any chest pain or sob with the leg swelling, this is much more serious and you should seek immediate medical attention.

In brief: Try compression

Dr. David Liu
Dr. David Liu
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: Take

Take good care of your feet as a diabetic and observe for wounds often.
There are some things you can do to help decrease swelling in your legs: 1. Wear compression stockings to promote better circulation. Many people say that this also helps their energy levels. 2. Get up and move around every now and then during your shift. Also point and flex your toes while you are at your desk as a way of mobilizing. 3. When you get home, lie down with your feet up, above the heart. This will help diminsh swelling.

In brief: Take

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. William Forsythe