How do I predict how tall my child will be?

Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: Several methods

Although nothing is 100% guaranteed, doubling height at 2nd birthday is one method.
Also use a standard growth chart with accurate measurements at 3-4 years of age to project adult height. These are fairly close most of the time.

In brief: Several methods

Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: Based on parents

A rough rule for any child is as follows: take the dads height less 5 inches + moms' height then divide the sum by 2 = expected final height for girls.
Take the moms' height + 5in & add to dads, then devide the sum by 2 to get expected boys final height. This produces an estimate pediatricians use to decide what growth pattern to expect. This is not exact but gives us an expected range.

In brief: Based on parents

Dr. Cindy Juster