Is medicine for gout the same medicine used to help reduce your uric acid levels? I've had gout attacks before and feel that the onset of gout a lot quicker nowadays due to what a think is a high baseline level of uric acid in my system. Is this allevaite

It depends. Medications to reduce the uric acid level (allopurinol, febuxostat) are an important part of gout treatment to prevent future flares because uric acid is the cause of gout. However, they do not reduce the inflammation of active flares. To do that your doctor will prescribe an antiinflammatory such as colchicine, prednisone, or an nsaid.
Depends . Depends on the medicine. Some we use are just to decrease the inflammation (prednisone, indomethacin) whereas others(uloric, allopurinol) are for uric acid. You don't want to start the ones that lower the uric acid levels during an acute flare they' ll initially prolong your flare.