When is it safe for kids to ride in the front seat?

Dr. Marcus Degraw

In brief: 13 yrs old and 100lb

Cars and safety features such as air bags, are simply not made for children under those points.
And there is no reason (unless its a pick up or single seat car) for children to sit in the front seat. If a car only has a front seat, and a child is under those measurements, turn to air bag off or dont use that car.

In brief: 13 yrs old and 100lb

Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Marcus Degraw

In brief: Depends on you/ kid

As a former kid, i can remember competing for a chance to ride shotgun.
That was long ago and before a trip to the er to pick glass out of my head. Kids over 100 lb and 13 yrs old are considered ready for the front seat.But be aware, data on single fatality wrecks list the passenger front as the most common position.1st generation air bags occasionally kill kids under 90 lb, turn it off if you can.

In brief: Depends on you/ kid