Can you drink alcholol while taking celexa (citalopram)? Not heavy drinking light drink maybe 3 or 4 drinks

1 drink maximum. Do you mean 3-4 drinks at once? While you can mix alcohol and celexa, (citalopram) they do hit the same area of the brain. Light drinking means a single selection of the following (sorry) your choice: •12 ounces of beer •5 ounces of wine •1 ounce of 80-proof whiskey, or 1 ounce of 100-proof spirits alcohol is a depressant and, after making you sleepy, promptly ruins your sleep 4 hours later for most.