2 year old has a temp of 106 along with a fever what can I do to get rid of fever I have given him a small amount of cold med. Have also given him luke warm bath as well as fluids fever leaves but return after several hours start process over again, but

If . If your child's temperature is truly 106f, then you need to call his doctor or take him to the emergency room. That is an extremely high fever and he should be seen as soon as possible. Fevers for the most part aren't dangerous and are just the body's natural reaction to fighting off an infection. Most of these infections are viral and may be accompanied by runny nose, sore throat, congestion, mild rash, or nothing at all. A perfectly healthy child can have up to 10 colds/viral infections a winter - that's more than once a month! since fevers aren't dangerous, we usually treat the fever with Acetaminophen or Ibuprofen just to make the child more comfortable as their body fights the illness. Do not give cold medicines to children under 6 years of age. Research shows that they do not work for young children and babies and can be dangerous. "red flags" that we look for with fever to indicate something more serious is going on are: -fevers that last 5 days or more -fevers persistently above 104f orally -a child that acts very sick - very irritable or difficult to wake -difficulty breathing -vomiting, diarrhea, refusal to eat/drink, or dehydration -a purple rash, esp on the legs -stiff neck -any complaints of pain such as the ear, throat, stomach or a joint as always, use your judgement. If you think that your child is ill, err on the side of caution and call your child's doctor. Legal disclaimer: I am providing this general and basic information as a public service and my response to this question does not constitute a doctor-patient relationship. For any additional information, advice, or specific concerns, please speak with your own physician. The information provided is current as of the date of the answer entry.
No ER Yet. Drop temp first , luck worm bath 5 minutes, then after temp drops go to er . Don't drive with this high temp likely seizure on the way to er , which can cause you to have accident .