My 2yr old presented with a red raised bite, which appeared to be a mosquito bit 2 nights ago my 2yr old presented with a red raised bite, which appeared to be a mosquito bit 2 nights ago. I have been using benedryl spray, hydrocortisone and kids after bi

Rash. It could be hives if it is located in patches all over and are red, raised and intensely itchy. If it is a bite and the redness is still present or spreading, it could be a cellulitis (skin infection) which might need an antibiotic. See your pediatrician.
Without . Without seeing the area, it's hard to tell whether it's a bite reaction or whether it might be the beginnings of an infection. Oral Benadryl (diphenhydramine) can help with the itch and possible bite reaction. If it is an infection, you can start by keeping the area clean with soap and water and applying antibiotic ointment to the bite. You can also try warm compresses to draw out the infection - 20 minutes (or as long as he lets you) 2-3 times a day. A warm bath works also. You can also outline the red area with a pen - that way it's eay to tell if the redness is spreading instead of improving. If the area has spreading redness, is worsening instead of improving or if your child develops fevers and chills, these are reasons to contact his doctor since he might need antibiotics to fight the infection. Legal disclaimer: I am providing this general and basic information as a public service and my response to this question does not constitute a doctor-patient relationship. For any additional information, advice, or specific concerns, please speak with your own physician. The information provided is current as of the date of the answer entry.