Why are they doing two ultrasounds within 1 week? 1st day of last period was july 7th. 1st pregnancy appointment today 9/1 they did blood work, had me pee in a cup and did a vaginal ultrasound. They could see the uterus, round sac and also little baby a

Dr. Alan Morimoto
Radiology

In brief: Accuracy

Accuracy of ultrasound dating of pregnancy varies with the stage of pregnancy.
It is likely that an accurate interpretation could not be made on the first visit. Since the risk of ultrasound evaluation is extremely low, there is no need to be concerned about returning for this evaluation. I cannot answer the reason for the request for follow-up the next day, it would be better to ask your physician.

In brief: Accuracy

Dr. Alan Morimoto
Dr. Alan Morimoto
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham