Is it safe for toddler's to use toys that have to be plugged in?

Dr. Michael Coogan

In brief: No.

I think that if one has to plug a toy into an electrical outlet that most toddlers are not intellectually mature enough nor physically dextrous enough to avoid all the potential dangers associated with using a "toy" that must be plugged in.

In brief: No.

Dr. Michael Coogan
Dr. Michael Coogan

In brief: Rechargeable...

...Are generally ok if the battery and/or small parts are inaccessible, but i'd err on the side of caution.
I would avoid ac-power toys if the child can actually get at the cord or electric components.

In brief: Rechargeable...

Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky