Could i be pregnant? I have been on birth control for about a month and a half now. I last started my period on the 10th of aug. It ended on the 15th. On the 17th to the 29th I have had sex almost every day. My boy friend pulled out at the last second eac

Dr. Paula Hillard

In brief: Many possible causes

If you're taking the pills consistently without missing, it's not likely you would get pregnant.
Keep taking your pills, and call your doctor. If you take your pills consistently at the same time every without ever missing, the failure rate is <1%. In typical use, the failure rate is 9%.

In brief: Many possible causes

Dr. Paula Hillard
Dr. Paula Hillard
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: The

The birth control pill is over 90% effective, and typically higher than that if you are taking it at the same time everyday.
Missing one pill and taking it as directed would typically still provide the same amount of protection from pregnancy. The reason for the breakthrough spotting is most likely due to the fact that you missed a pill and had to take 2 the next day, which interrupted the hormone balance in your system. Also, since you have just started taking the birth control pill, your body is will be very sensitive to the variation in hormones. If you miss your period, during the sugar pills, take a pregancy test. However until then, would feel comfortable with fact that you have diligently been taking your birth control pill and attribute the spotting to the hormone changes.

In brief: The

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Adam Levy