My 15 month old sun is having diarrhea that is light brown for a couple days. He had a rock in one of his bm's which was about 1/2 inch round with no sharp edges. Since then he's had 6-8 light brown diarrhea diapers a day, but he's happy and is eating rea

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: Odds

Odds are that the diarrhea is not from the rock he ate, but from some other source such as a gastrointestinal virus.
If he's happy and eating/drinking well, i wouldn't worry too much. Things you can do for him are: -stop giving juice (which can worsen diarrhea) and give oral rehydration solutions such as pedialyte. -continue a regular diet -watch for diaper rash -change diapers frequently and use a barrier diaper cream call your child's doctor if: -the diarrhea lasts longer than 7 days -for blood or mucus in the stool -fever -signs of dehydration such as no urine in 8 hours, dry, cracked lips, doughy skin, no tears, sunken eyes, irritability or lethargy legal disclaimer: I am providing this general and basic information as a public service and my response to this question does not constitute a doctor-patient relationship. For any additional information, advice, or specific concerns, please speak with your own physician. The information provided is current as of the date of the answer entry.

In brief: Odds

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Adam Smith