Can you tell me if the symptoms of my pregnancy is normal? I've been dealing with nausea, vomiting which i know is normal, but i've also been feeling like i can't eat, i can't even think of food without feeling like i'm going to vomit. Most of the time i

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: Some

Some women experience terrible nausea and vomiting during their first trimester. Keep your doctor aprised of your condition because you will need to work with him/her to ensure you get the right amount of nourishment.
No, it is not normal to feel excessive morning sickness, but it happens. The condition is called hyperemesis. Ask your doctor about recommended meal replacements that may be easier on your stomach such as nutritional shakes and bland foods. If the nausea and vomiting persists, it may ne necessary to recieve intravenous injections of fluids and electrolytes. Some women with hyperemesis will visit an infusion center (under the direction of their doctor) to recieve these infusions weekly or monthly.

In brief: Some

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Arnon Rubin