Got a pill from a friend I recently got a pill from a friend. He told me it was like tylenol or advil. It is red on one half and blue on the other, with a white stripe separating the colours in the middle. It is a capsule shape. I have taken one with no

A. A number of things should be noted from your questions. First - it is generally not a good practice to take medication, whether "over-the-counter" or prescription, from someone else. Even well intentioned friends may not know important details of your medical history that may make it unwise or dangerous to use certain medications. Second - "tylenol" is a brand name for acetaminophen, and "advil" is a brand name for ibuprofen. Although both of these medications can be used for fever or pain reduction, they are different types of medication. Whether either of them is safe or correct for you to use could only be determined based on your medical background: important facts would include medications you may take for chronic conditions, and any history of allergies or intolerance of other medications. Third - there are many online "pill identifier" websites now; but the medication you are referring to may not be referenced since it is an over-the-counter product. Better to consult with your physician about what medications are right for you, and take only medication that you can verify by it's source bottle or package.
Don't. Don't take the pill from your friend. See a doctor or you may get yourself in trouble. Good luck.