If I missed a period, does that mean I am pregnant?

Not necessarily. There are many causes for a missed period, if your preg test is negative, please see your gyn for an evaluation.
No. It is certainly the first possibility we think of, particularly in someone who was previously on a predictable cycle pattern. A simple urine pregnancy test is the first step. If it is negative other avenues should be explored. Other possibilities for delayed menses are hormonal contraceptives that suppress menses or anovulation. Your physician can help sort out the cause.