I can't believe my toddler's delay tactics when it comes to sleep! i'm exhausted. Help

Dr. Marcus Degraw

In brief: Routine and assert.

First, remember that the child is stalling because YOU let them stall.
They continue to do it because it WORKS! They are smart creatures and follow patterns. Be assertive and set limits - I.e. Timmy you have three more books and then mama is leaving. Then follow through. Don't fall for the stall. There will be challenges but stick to it!

In brief: Routine and assert.

Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Patricia Vuguin

In brief: Routine, consistency

Routine and consistency are key, put your toddler to sleep at the same time every night with some kind of routine such as a bath or reading prior to go to bed.

In brief: Routine, consistency

Dr. Patricia Vuguin
Dr. Patricia Vuguin
Dr. Jonathan Jassey