My toddler does everything she can to resist sleep.

In brief: Be patient but firm
Toddlers want independence when it suits them but demand you remain close & nurturing.
This extends to bedtime when previously good sleepers may become anxious about separation.I encourage a calming night ritual followed by tucking the child in.Require that the child remain in his/her room until morning.Reward him/her with an open door if so, closed if not & return every time if venturing out.

In brief: Be patient but firm
In brief: Most of what she...
...Does, she does to get your attention.
Remove yourself, and you remove her incentive to keep herself awake. Very few great actors put on a show if there is no audience, and very few toddlers avoid being great actors.

In brief: Most of what she...
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky