I have been using Clomid (clomiphene) to get pregnant. I skipped a month and I am now late on my period. Is their a chance that I am pregnant could i be pregnant or is it because i missed a dose of clomid (clomiphene)?

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: A

A missed dose of Clomid (clomiphene) will not typically result in an abnormal menstrual cycle.
However, the function of Clomid (clomiphene) to induce ovulation. If the reason you are taking Clomid (clomiphene) is because you were having problems with releasing an egg (ovulation) then it is possible that you did not ovulate this past month, so there would be no egg to fertilize. On the brighter side, a missed period is also an early sign of pregnancy. The pregnancy hormone can be detected in the urine 14 days after conception. It is prudent to take a home pregnancy test. Other signs of pregnancy include morning sickness (nausea/vomiting), breast tenderness, frequent urination, head ache and implantation bleeding (vaginal spotting).

In brief: A

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Adam Levy