How much milk should my child drink?

Dr. Laura Webb

In brief: < 24 ounces

Children should drink less than 24 ounces of cow's milk a day.
Drinking more may lead to iron deficiency anemia and decrease solid food intake. Children over the age of 1 should be using milk as a drink, not a meal and should be starting to get the majority of their calories from a wide variety of solid foods, not just milk.

In brief: < 24 ounces

Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Laura Webb

In brief: < 24 ounces

I agree with dr webb.
Understand that bovine milk was designed for calfs, not people. Milk is a heavily promoted & well accepted way to get calcium in our diet but is not necessary if other calcium sources, including yogert, cheese, cottage cheese are used.Large amounts of bovine milk can irritating a kids gut & lead to blood loss & anemia. I have transfused a few over the years that drank 40+/ d.

In brief: < 24 ounces

I agree with dr webb.
Dr. Cindy Juster